Pop Up Box Card!

Hello hello!
Happy 4th of July week!!  I hope you've had a wonderful weekend and are ready for the week ahead!
We are back with week 2 of our current Cute Animals challenge at Inky Paws!!
I had a bit of fun with my card for this week.  While I'm still dealing with a lot of pain in my hands and arms from the carpal tunnel, I just couldn't give up on the idea of doing a fun box card.

So I pulled out Aloha Newton and chose this adorable hammock chillin kitty for my card!  I of course used my Inktense watercolor pencils since that is the easiest medium for me to use that doesn't require a lot of pressure to get good depth and detail in the image.  I also used the Toucan Party set for some of the leaves to add lots of details in my box.

I watercolored up a background sunset and then set to work fussy cutting everything out.  This took quite a bit of time since there were so many little images to cut out.  But after everything was cut, I assembled it all onto the layers created in my box.  And it looks so stinkin cute!!

I stamped a sentiment from Newton's Birthday Bash on my front flap to finish the whole thing off.  And of course, some shimmer pen on the flowers and sun.

I can't wait to see what sort of cute animal cards you'll create for our challenge!!
Thanks for visiting! <3

1 comment:

  1. This card is incredible! I love what you created with the scene popping out of the box! So cool! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete