Tuesday Throwdown's Create Your Own Background

Hello Hello!
Welcome back!  So glad you stopped in today.  I'm excited to be back into making cards, though the process for me is much slower than it used to be.  But I'm working on trying to get it all back to normal!

This week at Tuesday Throwdown, we'd like to see you create your own background!!
Our sponsor this week is Digital Delights and they provided us with this adorable Sweetheart Felicia image to use on our cards.

I decided to give alcohol inks a try.  I've never used them before but I've had a few colors for quite some time and it's a medium that I always see so many other people create beautiful backgrounds with...so I wanted to try it.  My first attempt was not so successful....I'm not used to how the alcohol inks dry so quickly and with such harsh edges.  I kept adding more blending solution to keep it all moving and ended up with just one solid color with no details at all.

So for my second attempt, I tried really really hard to let go of some of the control and just played with what was created.  And that is what I used on this card.  I even managed to time it just right to get some silver foiling in there too!  I love it, but I'm definitely going to have to do a lot more practicing with these inks.

Felicia is colored up with copic markers and fussy cut so that she can sit within my frame.  I added some shimmer pen and a few white gel pen hearts around the background and called it good!

I hope you'll join in our challenge this week!

Thanks for stopping by!! <3

1 comment: