Birthday Shaker - Sami Stamps Release

Hello Everyone!!!
I hope you've had a fabulous week!  This post is scheduled, but I can guarantee that I have been having a blast spending the week with my sister and smooshing my sweet little niece :)

I'm bringing you another awesome card for the most recent Sami Stamps release, this time featuring the Cute Heart Fairy image:
I made this card for my sister, and since she's already received it, I can share it with you!
I loved this fun little fairy, and had the idea to make her swinging through the clouds.  Unfortunately, the way I added the strings, the image wasn't weighted correctly so she just kept flipping over....but I kept the strings attached and just adhered her down to the background.  Still looks super cool :)

For the background, I die cut a whole panel of white with one of the borders included in the Mama Elephant Landscape Trio set.  Then took a little Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks and blended up the bottoms of each cut.  Once each stripe was colored the way I wanted them, I adhered them down to a new piece of cardstock, overlapping them just slightly so you couldn't see the cut lines and it was just a smooth seamless cloud background.  I love how it turned out!  Though it's a little hard to see now that the card is complete...

I cut out a stitched scallop frame with my Silhouette and then added a clear page protector to that cut out to give me a clear front for my shaker window.  The shaker is filled with all sorts of sequins and beads and a few heart sequins.  Just a whole bunch of happy, and I love that they can get caught in the clouds  :)

Once everything was sealed into my shaker, I adhered everything down to my card base, and added a little sentiment banner.  I didn't do any extra embellishing because there was so much going on in the window, I figured that was enough detail :)

I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous Valentine's Day!!!  I love each and every one of you and your constant comments and support!  They always make my day and put a smile on my face!!

Thank you so much for visiting! <3


1 comment:

  1. A nice way to recycle these cards are to get a pad of sticky notes and put it inside and give it to a friend. I love them, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete