Sweet Love Birds - Sami Stamps Re-Release!!

Happy Friday!!!
I hope everyone has some fun plans set up for the weekend!  We will hopefully be working on getting the office completed.  It feels good to make progress on the house, even if it is super slow.

Today's post for Sami Stamps is for a bit of a re-release.  The DT is featuring some of their favorite Love/Valentine images, and those specific images will be on sale!!  Woohoo!!  You can never go wrong with a good sale, especially on Sami Stamps!!

I have chosen to use the super cute Love Birds image.
I have had a lot of work on my plate lately, so I kept this card pretty simple but I absolutely adore it!  I started by inking up the background in a little Tumbled Glass distress ink and then splattering it with some Salty Ocean distress spray stain.  While that dried, I worked on my image.  It's colored in with Spectrum Noir pencils and blended with gamsol.  I coated the heart in a nice layer of Wink of Stella clear shimmer brush and then cut the image out.  It's layered onto some stamped out branches from the Winnie & Walter Elsa's Flora stamp set.

I trimmed a few super thin stripes of coordinating paper to put along the side and then embossed my sentiment with some black sparkle embossing powder.  The sentiment is from the January Hero Arts card kit!

I debated putting some sequins or droplets on here but decided to leave them off to keep the card nice and simple.  I think they would have looked good...and I might go add them later...but I like the card either way :)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    CASology #182-Adore
    Share Joy #20-Sketch/Clean and Simple
    Simon Says Stamp-Anything Goes

Thank you so much for visiting!!  Have a fabulous weekend! <3

4 comments:

  1. Those birds are adorable! I love your coloring and the colors you chose - very soft and pretty! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily what a sweet image and card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily!! Very elegant. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww this is just too sweet :) thank you for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete