Birthday Tweet

I took a brief break from Christmas cards today.  I will be back to them soon, but I wanted to mix it up and play with a different theme.
A few weeks ago I was working on a card where I needed some sort of chain or wire...I don't remember what card it was but I know it really frustrated me that I didn't have any wire!  Seems I ended up getting rid of a lot of materials in our move to Montreal...so after making that card, I decided to purchase a small thing of chain just to have in my supply for when an idea (like today's card) struck me :)
I LOVE this card!  The theme of party birds and the chain sort of scared me in the beginning.  I wasn't sure how to affix the chain or how to make it stay stationary once it was on the card.  Well, I had some brown brads that I punched through the paper to attach the chain.  That solved that fear and was super easy!
The birds are a digi stamp I printed out 3 times, colored and then cut out individually.  I glued the first layer right onto the card.  Then I glued the second 2 layers together to make them sturdier and attached them to the first layer with mounting tape.  With the mounting tape, the birds are about the same height as the chain so their feet help hold it still!  That worked out perfectly! 
I did the same layering with the banner which is cut using the triangle image on the Cricut cartridge George and Basic Shapes.  Since the banner is so small, I had to hand write the wording with my white gel pen (it says "Birthday Tweet" :) )
I added a few dots of 3D paint to the corners and the hats and sprinkled some clear glitter on the paint for some sparkle :)
Thanks for stopping by!
This card is entered in the following challenges:
    Fantabulous Cricut #84-For the Birds
    The Crazy Challenge #91-Inspirational Photo
    Critter Sketch Challenge-Sketch
    Digital Challenge #135-Cute and Cuddly
    Ruby's Rainbow #15-Use Metal
    Pixie Dust Studio #99-Paper Piecing

13 comments:

  1. A really sweet card

    Thankyou for joining us at RRC - hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is really cute. Nice job! Thanks for joining us this week at Critter Sketch. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is so lovely and sweet!

    love the birdies!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily,
    What a Gorgeous card!!! Love the little birds and clever use of the chain. Love the dps, the colour scheme is so cheerful. Love the layout and the embellishment. Coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow and Critter Sketch, and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - love how you've used the chain.

    Thanks for joining our challenge at Ruby's Rainbow.


    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! It fit´s perfect to our challenge this week! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the crazy challenge, goo luck!Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily,
    Gorgeous creation.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Critter Sketch, good luck.
    Hugs,
    Justyna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card with those cute birds! Thank you for playing at Critter Sketch this challenge!
    Hugs,
    Georgia
    CS DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, love the birds! Thanks for playing along in our sketch challenge this week over at Critter Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! Great take on our sketch. thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I really like the way you've done the banner. Great job!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so cute. Love this cuty image and your layout. Thank you so much for joining us at our "Cute and Cuddly" Challenge at Digital Tuesday.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, thanks so much for entering it into the Pixie Dust Studio challenge!!

    ReplyDelete