Ice Cream Solves Everything

Hello!  Happy Monday!
I hope your weekend was fabulous!
Are you ready for a new Inky Paws challenge?  This one is full of super bright happy colors!!
I decided to pull all the bright colors together and use them in my background for my card.  So I added some Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, and Peacock Feathers distress ink to some embossing paste, and then applied that through the Pawprints stencil from Newton's Nook onto my scallop cut background created using the Flags & Frames die set..  I also sprinkled it with some sparkle embossing powder so that once it was dry, I could melt that powder and the whole thing would sparkle.

While the embossing paste was drying, I worked on my focal images.  I took the mini Cat Treats set and stamped out the kitty cone several times.  Then used the same distress ink colors and watercolored the ice cream.  I fussy cut each one out and layered them all up so there was a mountain of ice cream on each cone!  Because...why not?!!

I layered these cones onto an oval cut circle and then stamped my sentiment from the Newton's Summer Treats set onto vellum and adhered that over the cones.  The card was finished with a scattering of nuvo drops in Simply White.

I hope you'll join us for this awesome color challenge!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous background with the multiple colored pawprints! I love the stacks of kitty ice cream too!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute with the rainbow paw print background!

    ReplyDelete