Celebrate!

Hey there!
Happy Monday!
We are starting our second week for the current sketch at Inky Paws!  I hope you've had the chance to play along.  If not, don't miss out!
For my card this week, I pulled out the gorgeous Peony Blooms stamp set!  I was really feeling like making an elegant card and this set was the perfect choice!  I also flipped our sketch on it's side to fit my design a little better.

To make things easier on my hands while I still battle the carpel tunnel, I pulled out the watercolor pencils again to add my coloring.  I gave the flowers dimension by adding my shading to the parts of the petals that set down into the flowers, and kept the tips lighter.  Once everything was dry, I fussy cut out the peonies.

Using the Flags and Frames die set, I cut out a piece of light grey cardstock and used some platinum nuvo mousse through the Bubbly stencil to give some great texture and shine to my background.  I cut out a frame from vellum using the Frameworks die set and then layered my flowers and some coordinating ribbons over top of the vellum. 

The final touch was a sentiment banner embossed onto vellum and adhered right below my flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what you come up with for this fun sketch challenge!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I love the way you used the sketch with the ribbons! And the coloring on those flowers is so pretty! Stunning card!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is amazing Emily!! I find colored pencils so difficult to work with! Clearly you have a knack!! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete