It's Your Day!

Happy Monday!
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  We had a crazy hail storm roll through Sunday afternoon.  I'm a little worried about the veggies I have growing on my front porch...the leaves got quite damaged...but we'll see how they bounce back!

We're starting a brand new challenge today at Inky Paws!  It's a gorgeous color palette that I think you will love!  I hope you'll join in!
I decided to pull out a stamp set I've had in my collection for a while now but never got the chance to make a card with.  I love this Cocktail Mixer set...makes me want one of these yummy drinks so bad!  But I'll have to wait a few more months until baby girl is born :)

I stamped out 3 of the drinks and colored them up with my copic markers.  I added a bit of shimmer to the drinks.  Then stamped the images again in the same spot on my card front and cut them out with a bit of a border so that when this panel was layered over the colored images, they had a little frame.  Around these cut out openings, I did a little inking using the challenge colors and added a few water and shimmer splatters.

It felt like a good design to turn into a shaker card, so I added some acetate behind my windows and then added some tiny beads in each window.  For both panels I used the Flags and Frames die set, so it was easy to line them up together so that my drinks showed through each window properly.

I finished the card off with a sentiment banner that I white heat embossed several of the sentiments onto.  I also used the Bubbly Stencil on the background with some Antique Linen distress ink.  It's super light but the perfect amount of subtle detail for this card.  Love it!

Can't wait to see what you create with this fun color palette!!
Thanks for visiting! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: