Birthday!!

Hello hello!
Welcome to week 2 of our Birthday themed challenge at Inky Paws!  I hope you've enjoyed this theme!  I know I have!  You can never have enough birthday cards on hand, and the inspiration picture provided is just phenomenal!  I totally pulled my inspiration from it again this week since I had a very hectic/stressful week and can to my craft table with zero ideas!
For my card, I pulled the colors from the cake layers again!  It just looks so delicious!  Who wouldn't love cutting into a gorgeous cake like that for their birthday?!

I started by blending some oxide inks onto the background and then went back over those colors using the Radiating Rays stencil from MFT Stamps to get some fun tone on tone detail.  I also colored in those rays with some sparkle pen so the whole background has a nice shimmer.

Then using a tiny stamp from Newton's Birthday Bash, I did some grey tone on tone repeat stamping for my bottom panel and adhered that to my colorful blended panel.  I did some multi colored stamping with the same inks I used on the background using the Uplifting Wishes set.  Then die cut that into an oval and gave it a scallop frame.

I cut a background frame with the Flags and Frames scallop frame die and then mounted everything onto a white card base.  I finished the whole card off with some clear sequins and a few vellum flags!!

I can't wait to see what you create for this awesome challenge!


Thanks so much for visiting! <3

1 comment:

  1. This card is gorgeous! It came together so beautifully! I love the bright colors on the background and the sentiment in multiple tones! Great inspiration!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete