Sending Hugs

Hello hello and Happy Monday!
Welcome back to a new challenge at Inky Paws!!
We have a gorgeous spring color palette for you to use for this challenge!  Perfect to go with all those super cute little flowers poking up in some of your yards :)
For my card today, I stuck with a simple design, only using the adorable little kitty from Newton's Costume Party.  But to start my card, I first created that circle in the background by doing an acrylic pour!  I'm still learning how to do this, and I'm not entirely that good at it...but I've been practicing for awhile and trying to find ways to use this technique on my cards.  So this card design felt like a good way to use it.  I mixed some blue, yellow, and white paints in a cup and them poured them onto my circle die cut....and they all mixed massively together to make green!  You can see a little bit of the other colors behind the kitty...but the green really took over.

So while that dried, I cut out a couple layers of vellum with a Hugs word die and also a simple white background for some extra fun detail.  I stamped and colored up my kitty image and then trimmed him out.

When the circle die was finally dry...it took forever!!  I adhered everything together onto my die cut background and added a few clear nuvo drops for a little extra shine.

I hope you'll join us for this fun color challenge!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! <3

2 comments:

  1. Love the cute kitty and fabulous backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! I love the use of the vellum letters and the fun paint background circle! So cute!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete