Sparkling Unicorn

Hey hey!!
Happy Monday everyone!!
We are starting a brand new Inky Paws Challenge today and this time it is a fabulous sketch!
I seem to be on a unicorn kick right now because there have been a lot of them on my blog lately :)  But hey, that's okay.  One can never have too many unicorns in their life right? :)
This sweet little unicorn is from the Believe in Unicorns set.  I love everything about that stamp set, which is why I purchased it.  But then I never got the chance to play around with all the fun images!  So this sketch felt like the perfect opportunity to do just that.

I started with my background.  A few months ago I did a background where I smooshed my ink onto my acrylic block, misted it and then just placed it onto my watercolor paper and let the water and pressure do all the work.  I loved that technique so much, I decided to do it again for this card.  This time though, I did the smooshing twice, heat setting the ink in between to try and keep them from mashing together and turning to mud.  I love that the texture of the paper creates some super fun designs in the coloring and that the results are different every time!

Once the background was dry, I took that little star in the stamp set and silver heat embossed it randomly across the panel.  Then set that aside to work on my images and the rest of the scene.  I used some Inktense watercolor pencils on my unicorn for some quick and bright coloring.  Then cut some stripes of glitter paper to create a super sparkly rainbow.  I also die cut some clouds and embossed one of the sentiments onto the largest one.  It just barely fit, but I was able to line it up in a way to squeeze it on there!

Then it was just a matter of putting everything together to fit the sketch!  I absolutely love how it turned out!  I hope you will join us for this months challenge!  Just remember to use some Newton's Nook products on your card!!
Image may contain: text

Thanks for stopping by!! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: