Meow-oween Fun!

Hey everyone!  Happy Monday!
Welcome to the second week of our sketch challenge at Inky Paws!!  Are you enjoying this sketch?  It is quite fabulous!  If you haven't joined us yet, you have just a few days left.  So check out the Inky Paws blog and join in!  Just remember to use some Newton's Nook Designs products!

This week I decided to pull out the Halloween stuff!  It's finally a bit cooler here in Washington...and we got rain!!  We haven't seen rain all summer...it's been a rough one for sure!  So with the rain, I needed to do something fall related.
This card was so much fun to put together!  As are most cards...but this super sweet image just makes me smile!  He's so proud of that pumpkin!

I decided to turn the sketch into a scene by making the circle in the center a spooky Halloween moon.  It's cut out separately so I could do some simple washy watercolor on it to get some fun details that I can't get very well with any other medium.  Around the moon though, I used several distress inks to blend out the deep sky and used some gold and white shimmer spray to add some splatters.

My sweet kitty from the Newton's Perfect Pumpkin set was colored up with my markers and fussy cut out.  I also colored and cut out several additional pumpkins to fill in the patch behind him, layering everything into the grass that I cut with the Land Borders Die.

The background mat was stamped with the little spiderweb image in the set and embossed with some clear sparkle powder.  And I wrapped some cord around the middle of the card to coordinate with the purple in his hat.

I hope you'll stop by and join us for this fun challenge!!
Thanks so much for visiting! <3

2 comments:

  1. Fun Halloween card! I love your spooky sky and all the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! such a gorgeous Halloween Scene! I just love the vibrant colors you used! Perfect for Halloween! Thanks for the great inspiration on this challenge!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete