Best Wishes

Hello hello!!
Welcome back to another awesome challenge for Newton's Nook's Inky Paws!!  This week is an absolutely gorgeous color combo!  You are going to love these colors.  They were so much fun to create with.
How pretty is that!?  *swoon!
Here is your inspiration image:
Image may contain: text
For my card, I blended shades of teal and magenta with some black and then did a little shimmer splattering for some fun detail.  Then layered up this gorgeous die cut from Lil'Inker Desigsn with about 4 layers so it had some nice solid dimension to it.  Adhered that to my blended panel and then worked on the rest of the details.

I think I spun in circles over how to get the butterflies to look nice on this card panel.  White embossing didn't look very nice...they just didn't pop all that well.  So I tried adding color on top...coloring in the back with copics...using pearl embossing powder...nothing seemed to work. 

Usually I avoid black embossing powder because it can be pretty messy and not give a crisp result.  But I decided to give it a shot because I just needed to find a solution.  And it worked!  It was so stunning, I had to use them!  So I embossed up a couple more butterflies in black and trimmed them out.

I cut out a heart to be my focal point for the sentiments.  From the same Beautiful Wings set, I took out the little flower and used a 4th generation stamping with some Worn Lipstick Oxide ink.  I wanted it to be super light but since it was black cardstock, I needed to use a pigment ink.  So it took the 4th generation to get it light enough to be just noticeable but not take over the whole card.  I did mist it just a little with some water to help brighten it a tiny touch.

Then I layered up my sentiments and arranged my butterflies.  Love this card so so much!!!

I hope you will join us for this challenge!  Give this gorgeous color combo a shot.  Just remember to use a Newton's Nook product!

Thanks so much for visiting! <3

2 comments:

  1. This card is so gorgeous! I love how you used all the colors to create that beautiful background! It's the perfect setting for those butterflies! Thank you for the Inky Paws challenge inspiration!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Emily! You used the colors perfectly and I love the vellum butterflies.

    ReplyDelete