It's Your Big Day!

Happy Tuesday!
Time for a new challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.  This week we want to see you add some dimension to your projects!  We have a fabulous sponsor this week as well - Sami Stamps!!
I chose to use an older image from Sami Stamps - Flower Bath.  I think this was from one of the first releases from when I joined her team.  But it is still a beauty and I loved cutting it into layers and putting it all together.

The background is one that I've had sitting on my desk for awhile.  It's a soft washy watercolor with the bokeh technique used on top.  I cut that out with a stitched rectangle die and added some fun foam to the back of the middle piece.  My image was printed off 4 times.  One layer I cut out with a rectangle die to be my base and the other 3 images I selectively cut and layered together to give the image some great depth.

Since spring is upon us, I wanted my flower to look like the cute little Crocus' that are popping up in everyone's yards right now.  So I picked a nice set of yellow pencils and set to coloring.  The flower was really the most coloring needed for this image.  The bubbles are simply shaded with some blues to match the background and I used some gamsol to get a really nice smooth finish on them.

To finish the card off, I used the new sentiment set Everyday Greetings from Pretty Pink Posh on a die cut banner and then added the second portion of the sentiment below it, directly onto the card.  The bubbles we coated with a generous amount of shimmer and some glossy accents.

I hope you will join us this week for our Dimension challenge!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your watercolor background. It's gorgeous! The card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, I love the background on your card and your beautiful coloring!! The 3-D effect is amazing!! Simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Really gorgeous. Stunning colouring and background. Love it!
    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete