Purr-fect Day

Happy Friday!
Stopping in to share a fun little card with you using another image from our latest release at Sami Stamps!
This card features the Line of Whiskers image:
The first thing I worked on for this card was the fence that they are all perched on.  I took a piece of the Essentials by Ellen woodgrain paper and added 2 colors of distress ink - the first layer was Frayed Burlap.  I used a lot of pressure with my blending pad to get the ink down into the grain pattern.  Then I want over top of that with the Ground Espresso color.  This time I used a really light hand so that it just covered the top detail.

I really wanted the light grain pattern to show through, and using two tone ink blending gave me the perfect result for that!

Then I printed out my kitty image and colored it up with my pencils.  I just adore Sami's cat images!  They always make me smile, and of course I can't resist coloring them up like my sweet kitties :)

I trimmed them out and added foam tape to the back.  But before adding them to my card base, I used a diagonal brick stencil and added some yellows to the background, then splattered it with some water to get a bit more detail and texture.  After that dried, I adhered the kitties and the fence down.

The clouds were die cut from a Mama Elephant Landscape Trio die and then I simply stamped a fun Newton's Nook sentiment across the top.

Finished the whole thing off with a little twine!!

Be sure to stop by Sami Stamps to check out this adorable release!  And you have a few days left to enter our Anything Goes challenge!!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
    Simon Says Stamp-Anything Goes
    Word Art Wednesday #232-Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting! <3
 

3 comments:

  1. That is one very splendid image. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art in the #232-#233 - Anything Goes FF Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the use of dies and images! This cute scene is beautifully crafted! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET! Thank you for slipping by at WAW Family Friendly AG Challenge and entering your art work - I leave you with this scripture - John 3:16 - "For God so loved the World He Gave his only Son that whosoever believed in Him shall not perish by have everlasting life" Blessing Gail WAW DT

    ReplyDelete