Chihuahua Stocking Stuffer - New Sami Stamps Release!!

Happy Friday!
Hoping you've had a wonderful week!  Wet and rainy here in Washington...makes the days really dreary and short.  I will be happy to finally get our Christmas lights up this weekend.  Hopefully that will bring a little cheer :)

We have a sweet little release for you today at Sami Stamps - Christmas Chihuahua's!  I love Sami's animal images, can never get enough of them.  And these sweet little pups are no different!

I chose to use Good This Year for my card today:
The background of this card went through several phases before I finally felt like it was complete.  My first thought was to mix some pearl ex with my embossing paste in hopes that it would shimmer a bit, but the pearl ex just turned the paste a sort of pearl color instead....so that didn't work.

Then I decided to just tint the embossing paste with some ink and add red glitter on top.  That worked pretty well, but after it was dry, every time I touched it I got glitter everywhere...and I don't like making "glitter bomb" cards...so I had to decide on a way to seal all that glitter in.  I thought about using my versamark pad to clear emboss it, but since it was loose glitter, it would get all over the ink pad...so no to that.  I finally decided to just coat each little circle with glossy accents.  It worked really well but took forever and used most of my tiny bottle of glossy accents.  But I like it!  The sparkle is still there from the glitter, but now it also has a glossy shine to it.

I printed off my image and used a fun little die to cut it out.  I kept the whole thing in the die while I colored it so that once I was done, I could go around the edge with some Bundled Sage distress ink.  I love this color!!

The scallop frame was cut with my Silhouette and I inked that up with the same Bundled Sage color again.  Then cut a little scallop border and added a little bit of patterned paper.  I stamped the sentiment onto some vellum and then tucked it up under the stocking by cutting right along the stocking edge and lifting it up.  Was a little tough since I had already super adhered it all down...but I got it :)  Then I coated the sentiment in some red stickles and set it all aside to dry.

Be sure to stop by the Sami Stamps blog to check out the rest of the DT's creations with this cute release!  We are also starting a new challenge today to Use Red!  Remember to use a Sami Stamps image and join in!!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Addicted to Stamps #173-Holiday
    Crafting When We Can #108-Animals
    Inky Impressions #278-Traditional Christmas Colors
    Quirky Crafts #24-Anything Christmas
    Sweet Sunday Sketch #297

Thanks for visiting!! <3

1 comment:

  1. That is one cute little Chihuahua midst the candy canes, very glad to see you at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete