Grateful - New Sami Stamps Release!!

Happy Friday!!!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful week!  We've been fighting off head colds all week, so it's been a bit slow going here.  But we are on the mend and ready to take on Thanksgiving next week!!  Glad the sickness hit now instead of then :)

We have an adorable little release this week for you at Sami Stamps.  It's actually a bundle deal - if you spend $8 or more in Sami's shop, you get this sweet little collection of 3 fox images for free!!  Let me tell you, these little foxes are so stinkin cute!  I had a hard time choosing which one I wanted to use, because I wanted them all!!

I chose to use Acorns Under My Paws for my card.  Even though I felt like complete crud working on this card, I'm so happy with how it turned out!
I started by first inking up a fun chevron brick stencil with some Pumice Stone distress ink.  I tried to keep it nice and soft.  Once it was all applied, I left the stencil on my card front and misted it with some shimmer mist.  Leaving the stencil in place allowed for the shimmer to only hit the inked areas, resulting in a nice shimmery pattern.  I love it!

Then I started working on my image.  I wanted to have a really pretty fall sunsetish style scene.  I printed off my image on both regular cardstock and some labels that I could use as a mask.  Masked off my image and started to apply my ink.  I started with Pumice Stone and Frayed Burlap for the dark shadowy area behind the fox.  Then added Squeezed Lemonade for the sky.  I took the edge of my ink blending foam and tapped it into my ink pad and swiped it across the sky randomly to get the fun swirly cloud design.  I used Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade to do this.  There is a little bit of Pumice Stone in the sky just to add a bit more depth and darkness.  I finished off the scene with some Forest Moss for the grass.

After uncovering my image, I colored it in with some colored pencils and used a white gel pen to fill in the little buds on the flowers.

Grabbed some coordinating paper from a Lawn Fawn pack and added that across the top of the card.  Then adhered my sentiment, which is embossed onto some vellum, across my image and lined up where the background stripe is.  The greeting is from an awesome Simon Says Stamp set called Lots of Thanks.

I finished off the card with a scattering of some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins.  I adore this card!  It turned out almost exactly as I planned.  And for being under the weather while making it, I'm proud that I could still get something together :)

Be sure to stop by Sami Stamps to take advantage of this awesome little bundle you'll receive with an $8 purchase!!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Curtain Call-Foxy
   
    Freshly Made Sketches #213
   
    Incy Wincy Designs-Critters Large and Small

Thanks for visiting! <3

10 comments:

  1. What a magnificent card! Love that sweet little fox, the acorns, and that gorgeously inked background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little foxy creation, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Love this fox image! Thanks for joining our ‘Critters Small and Large” challenge over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sponging on this! The fox image is fantastic, too. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a WOW card design! Your background techniques are fabulous .... thank you for sharing the details of your creative process! You've inspired me with your lovely creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's SO sweet!!! I love your background with the stencil - it almost seems to point at him and frames him perfectly. LOVE the colors in the your image. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I don't know which is sweeter - that little fox or your amazing background! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an amazing card! Your sponged backgrounds are fabulous. What a great scene you've created for your little fox and his stash of acorns! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this card is just the sweetest!!! I LOVE your coloring and that background and the vellum sentiment flag. Sweet! Thanks for joining us at curtain call.

    ReplyDelete