Lovely

Happy Thursday!
Boy do we have quite the challenge for you today at Meljen's Designs...well it was a huge challenge for me anyhow.  Shabby Chic!  Oy...that is one style I have never been able to figure out.  That and vintage...they just don't pop into my mind as styles I would use.  So trying to step out of my comfort zone and put something together for this challenge was the ultimate task.

I still don't know if my card can qualify as shabby chic...I did the best I could with the info I was able to gather...let me know your thoughts :)
Everything I saw when I did a shabby chic search was soft colors and lacy edges.  I don't have much lace on hand and what I do have didn't really work.  This paper was purchased last year but it is one of my ultimate favorites.  I use it sparingly, but it seemed to fit this weeks theme so I pulled it out and did some stitching around the outside edge.

For my focal point, I used the Sweet Lace Heart from Meljen's Designs and printed it on vellum.  I did that so I could heat emboss it in white :)  The image was printed twice, once for the whole image, and once for just the inner heart.

I die cut a bunch of little hearts and stuck them between the two layers before hand stitching the zig zag design to seal the layers together.  It's cute and soft with some fun detail in the middle.  The hearts don't shake around really but that's ok.

I finished it off with a cute little wood cut piece I got from the dollar bin at Michaels.  Colored it with a pink marker so it would match the papers, and then added a few pearls.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Penny's Paper Crafty #210-Anything Goes
    Word Art Wednesday #166-Anything Goes

I hope you've enjoyed this card!  Please be sure to stop by Meljen's Designs and join in the challenge!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this is indeed LOVELY. Loving the pinks and heart.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Emily. How fun to print the image on vellum. Love the little shaker idea as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and so beautiful!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie T.

    ReplyDelete