Trick or Treat!

Happy Thursday!
We're starting a fun new challenge today at Meljen's Designs!  This week it's Trick or Treat!!  So pull out those Halloween images and share your makes with us!  Remember, you don't have to use a Meljen's Designs image to enter, but if you do, you get a double entry!

Here is what I came up with:
I had this idea to use these 3 images together awhile ago for one of my DT Days, but couldn't quite get it to work the way I wanted it to, so I shelved it back then.  Well I decided to give it another shot this week.

Of course, this week has been crazy busy for me with card orders and Christmas card planning that I almost completely forgot that it was my teams challenge week!  So this card was quite rushed...but even in the rush, I think it turned out so incredibly cute!

The images I used are Mummy Kitty, Mummy Bear, and Mummy Dog all from Meljen's Designs.  I layered them all together in paint.net to get the right placement on them and then printed them off onto some watercolor paper.  I let the ink dry for a little bit, and even zapped it with my heat tool before working on the coloring.  It still bled a little bit, which is frustrating, but I did my best to avoid touching the lines to try and prevent them from smearing.

I used a ton of Distress Inks to watercolor this image all up.  I started with the mummies and did their wraps first.  Then filled in their fur and the cute pumpkin in the background.  I set that aside for a couple minutes to dry up a bit before moving on to the background.  I used 3 shades of blue and some black at the top to darken it up.  I just love how easily distress inks blend together.  Getting a nice gradient blend to those colors was so incredibly easy, I hardly had to do anything!  And another fun thing is that the whole background shimmers!  It was sort of an accident...the large brush that I used is the one I've been using to play around with my silver pearlex pigment powder...so it was full of that stuff still when I started painting.  While it wasn't planned, it's totally perfect!

I finished the card off with a simple white heat embossed sentiment and a few bats from Lawn Fawn, which are also sparkly :)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    A Gem of a Challenge #130-Create a Scene
    Artistic Inspirations #114-Halloween
    Creative Inspirations #286-Happy Halloween
    Sentimental Sundays #229-Too Cute to Spook

Now jog on over to Meljen's Designs, check out the rest of the DT's creations, and join in!!!
Thanks for visiting! <3

7 comments:

  1. This is great, wonderful colouring and such a fun Halloween image! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable, I just love that image! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is adorable, I love the cute image and your colouring is stunning. thank you for joining us at creative inspirations xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab and fun, thanks for sharing over on artistic inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mummy pets are downright adorable! I love this cute and fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute card!!!. Congratulations!!!Thanks for joining us at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations. I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this oh sooo cute Halloween card!!!!

    ReplyDelete