Sending Warm Fuzzies & Tough Mudder Pics :)

Happy Thursday!
Thanks to everyone that stopped by during my scheduled posts over the last week!  It was nice to have a little get-away with the hubby and see some family and friends.  Oh and get my butt kicked in my first Tough Mudder race!  That's right, I did that!  I'll share pics at the end of this post.

But for now, we have a fun new challenge starting today at Meljen's Designs!  We want to see patchwork on your creations!  I had a lot of fun with this one.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my card, but like always, waited until the last minute to get it done...oh well :)
I still love it :)

I used a bunch of sweet little heart papers from Lawn Fawn, cut them into 1x1 inch squares and pieced them all together on my white mat.  Then I did a zig-zag stitch around all of them with my sewing machine.  That took a lot of time, but fortunately my machine didn't fuss with me too much so it went pretty smooth!

After finishing the background, I really didn't want to cover the whole thing up, so I kept everything else pretty simple.  I used the sweet Little Pocket Puppy image from Meljen's Designs and colored it all in with my ShinHan markers.  I added a little StarDust stickles to the pocket and some gold thread for some fun added detail.  The heart doily fit perfectly behind him, so I had to add that.  And then I used my favorite new Spellbinders die banner for the sentiment!  It seems to be the banner I reach for with almost every card lately.  Perfect size!  I stamped a fun sentiment from the Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set.

So be sure to stop by Meljen's Designs to see the rest of the DT's creations, then join in the fun!  Remember, you don't have to use a Meljen's image anymore, but you get a double entry if you do!!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    A Blog Named Hero #52-Patterned Papers
    Card Mania Challenge #56-Doily
    Delightful Challenge-Cute & Cuddly
    Simon Says Stamp-Anything Goes

Ok, back to that Tough Mudder race...well...not race.  We've been calling it an "adventure run" :)  Matthew and I have been training all year for this race...I knew it would be tough since I watched Matthew do it last year.  So we ran, and ran, and ran some more.  Race day came and I still struggled with the running...but I had my wonderful husband and some awesome friends to keep pushing me forward!

Enjoy some pics :)
 All clean and smiling before hand.

 Just yeah...so much mud.
 "Arctic Enema"...giant hole of freezing ice water that we had to jump in...so cold!
 It's all about team work...and I had the best team ever!
So thankful it was over!  But pumped for next year!! <3


8 comments:

  1. This is so fun and colourful. Love the sewing around the edges. Fun photos too, tfs.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really adorable , Emily! Sweet colors & design with the cute pocket pup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Emily! super cute card, I so luv the background and your coloring! congrats on the mudder race, I have some friends that just completed a race together to honor one of their 50th birthdays...so fun! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous emily.really sweet image and i love your pretty design and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Emily! The patchwork background is so pretty :) Love the photos from the mudder race too - it looks like fun?! Thanks for sharing with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is beautiful! What a fuzzy little hug that guy is :) A couple of guys I work with did the Warrior Dash this year. The pictures make it look so fun but then I realize that I'm lazy and unmotivated hahaha! Congratulations to you for completing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with the papers! I love the stitching too, which reminds me to start because I am too lazy to take out my sewing machine : / That pup is beautifully coloured too! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete