Shimmering Sunflowers

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to swing in quick to share a super cute card that I adored making!
As you know, I'm addicted to my watercolors right now.  Can't put them down...and I've been trying to find the right combo to use with the sunflowers in the Our Friendship Grows set from Lawn Fawn.
Well, I think I nailed it pretty well with this card!
Some people use coloring as a way to relax...for me it's painting.  I just love to paint and watch the colors move and blend together.  It's just peaceful for me.

So when this card design popped into my head, I took my time with it.  Spent the afternoon painting in the flowers and getting the colors just right.  I love it so much!  Sunflowers are my favorite flower and I have been using this stamp set so much lately because it just makes me smile.

I really wanted the sunflowers to pop off the page so I painted in the background black, but mixed it with some shimmer as well so that it wasn't just a flat black around the flowers.  It looks so awesome!  Really hard to catch it in the picture, but the shimmer is just gorgeous!  And I love the white embossed border of the flowers.  Not only did it help me stay in the lines, but it helps pop those flowers up even more.

The whole card design was kept pretty simple.  I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling die to cut out the sunflower panel, but stretched it a bit so that it was bigger than just the 3x4 size.  I've really loved doing that, and it's super easy with this die.

For the sentiment, I used a banner from a Spellbinders set and stamped a simple greeting on it.  I wanted to do a thank you greeting, but none of my stamps were big enough to fit well inside the die cut.  So I used this one from the Simon Says Flower Friend set.

I added some liquid pearls to the little dots in the centers of the flowers and that was it!  Simple card with a very detailed image that I just absolutely adore!  I will definitely be making more of this card!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Case This Sketch #89
    Pretty Pink Posh Cutting Edge Blog Hop
 
     The Cat's Pajamas #273-Photo Inspiration

Thanks for stopping by!  <3

24 comments:

  1. Oh, my.....this is just gorgeous!!! Sunnies are my favorite flower. I have them all over in my garden......even the bad hail we had lately didn't destroy them. Yay!!! Very lovely card!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the sunflowers are just beautiful! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!!! Lovely stamping and watercoloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I like how the sunflowers pop and the polka dot background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card looks incredible, I love the sunflowers with the navy background

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of coloring! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! That dark background really makes the flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! Sunflowers are my favorite flower, and you did such a beautiful job of painting them. I love your use of stitched journaling die. It's one of my go-to dies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. DELIGHTFUL card!!!
    LOVE your sunflowers and pretty layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty love the white embossing.. and the colors. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely! Your coloring is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all those big beautiful sunflowers. Thanks for joining The Cat's Pajamas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super pretty!!! Nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome watercolouring...great depth on the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sunflowers are so beautiful and cheerful! Wonderful design! Thanks so much for joining in our TCPTuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sunflowers! I would say you found a perfect color combination for them. And the background and white embossing does make them pop nicely. Thanks so much for sharing! I feel like getting my paints out now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great coloring on those pretty sunflowers! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is one stunning card. I am amazed by your painting and the richness of your creation!! Thank you for joining us at Case this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suck a happy card! I'm a sucker for sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful take on the sketch and I love those sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete