Picnic Time

Happy Monday!  I hope your weekend was fabulous!  We were able to hang out with some friends on Saturday and play some games together.  It was quite a blast!

Today we are starting a new challenge at Digi Makeover and it's the Great Outdoors!  When I started making my card the weather was gorgeous.  Bright and sunny with a slight breeze.  Made me totally think of having a picnic!  Now though...it's freezing with talks of snow...not so much picnic weather anymore...but I still love my card :)

My plan was to make up the front of my card to look like a picnic basket and then add a sweet little image to the middle of it.  But the basket turned out so stinkin cute that I didn't want to cover it up!
So instead I added my image to the inside.
For the front, I took a bunch of 1/2 inch strips and wove them together to form the basket.  All of the edges are inked with some brown ink to give them dimension.  I punched a border into the red gingham paper and added that to make the top of the basket.  Then placed a few brads at the base of the handles.

When you open the card, the image sort of pops up at you on the left side.  I used the sweet image Picnic Duo and colored them in with my pencils.

Then printed off a sentiment from the Freckled Lemonade set and framed it in a scallop circle.

I hope you will join us this week for our Great Outdoors challenge!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Emily, your card is super fantastic. I really love your basket. It looks so real. Inside of the card is fabulous as well. Absolutely amazing project.
    Hugs
    Eret

    ReplyDelete