Hearts Galore

Happy Monday!!
Sorry it's been so quiet around here.  While I did get a lot of cards made last week, overall it wasn't all that great.  The temps here in Montreal have been ridiculously cold, well below 0F...we woke up Wednesday morning to the radio talking about a water main pipe burst on a street about 2 blocks from our apartment.  Didn't really think much of it, until we got up and realized we had no hot water.  Awesome...hubby came home a little early that day to really try and figure out what happened but came up empty handed.
So long story short...by Thursday we had no running water at all.  Called the plumbers in that showed up around noon on Thursday to finally figure out that our entire water pipe network from the main line coming into the apartment all the way up to the third floor was frozen solid.  7 hours, 1 pipe replacement, and a lot of mud later, we finally had running water!  It was a crazy stressful week with all that...and now we are all paranoid about it happening again.  Not fun at all!

So onto this week!
It's a new challenge at Digi Makeover this week!  I'm sure it will fit right in with most of the crafts you're making up right now :)  It's Hearts Galore!!  Pretty easy one :)  Doesn't have to be Valentine's Day related, but make sure it has lots of hearts!

I had a great idea in my head for this card and was super excited to complete it, only to be not so happy with the end result.
I'm not sure what it is about this card that I don't like.  It probably needed a sentiment someplace, but there didn't seem to be a good spot for one.  I thought the papers looked really good together, until I actually constructed the card...and then not so much.  I love the banner!  That's probably my favorite part of this card :)

The image I used is Lauren in Love from Paper Makeup. (she's actually a rubber stamp, but was made available as a digi for the design team members)
I colored her up with my colored pencils and added stickles to her wings.  Then cut out the scallop circle and the banner with my Silhouette.  I embossed the inside of the circle with my D'vine Swirls folder, though it's hard to see.
The hearts are punched out of the banner with a little punch that I've had forever.  Probably the first punch I ever owned :)  Then I took a gel pen and added the stitching, and glued some gems to the top.

Be sure to check out the rest of the makeup artists creations!  They are adorable, and we have a sweet little girl as our guest designer this week!  Have to check out her card :)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Emily your card looks great.
    A beautiful color combination.
    You have the fairy beautiful colored.
    Also nice are the flags.
    Greetings from the other side of the world.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete