Twisty Tree


Happy Wednesday to everyone.
I've been busy making cards this week but haven't really been in the mood to blog about them...sort of lacking a little motivation and inspiration so they have been not so great cards...
But I wanted to share a fall card today.  I fell in love with this image from Paper Makeup and have been dying to use it on a card.
The image is Twisty Tree.  It offers up so many possibilities, from simple fall to spooky Halloween.  Today I've used it for a fall card and paired it with a sentiment from Create with TLC.
I cut the frame out with my Lacy Labels cartridge and I have distressed all the edges with my scissors.  So love doing that now that I've figured it out..lol :)

I embossed the middle band with the Leafy Branch folder to help carry the leaves throughout the card.  Not too many details on this card, which helped it come together really quickly.  But I'm happy with the simplicity of it :)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
    Bearly Mine #54-Add a Sentiment
    Designed to Color-Autumn
    Dilly Bean-Autumn Colors
    Love to Create #34-Anything Goes
    Pixie Dust Studio-Fall Theme (Pixie Flixs Legends of the Fall!  Seriously one of my forever favorite movies!  Watched it all the time growing up, along with Last of the Mohicans and Dances with Wolves :) )
    {Pin}spirational Challenge #26-Fall Photo Inspiration
    Ruby's Rainbow #38-Trees
    Sassy Studio #143-Fall Colors
    Sentimental Sundays #121-Autumn
    Timeless Tuesday #188-Fall Theme

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to stop by and "Like" my Facebook fan page!!!

14 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful. This tree just gives you a sense of cool crisp weather. I love the layput of your card.
    Hugz,
    Pixie Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment and image - a beautiful fall card! Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tree! I think it's beautiful. Thank you for playing along with Dilly Beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image and great sentiment! Glad you could join us Pixie Dust Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card that tree is a great image
    Thank you for joining in at Ruby's Rainbows this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Emily. The image you have chosen is so good. Thanks for joining the fun at {Pin}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is totally fabulous!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and fab LO! Thanks for joining the Pixies at Pixie Dust Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this image is so neat! I love how you worked with it, lovely job! Thank you for joining us at the Dare to be Sassy Challenge at Sassy Studio Designs. Fabulous work!

    Jackie, SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby's Rainbows this time
    hope you will join us again soon

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! The tree image is gorgeous and I love the color scheme you used!

    Thank you for participating in this week's {PIN}Spirational Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. Nice background paper, and embossing. Thanks for joining the SS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card and that tree! Where was it the other day when I was searching for such as it. Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges. Hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete