Thankful For You

I'm back!!!
It was soooooo nice to get back into my craft room and let the creative juices flow!  So. Much. Fun!
I just love the way my card turned out today.  It's so adorable!
This sweet image is Jules from Saturated Canary who was a freebie Monday and Tuesday!  Isn't she darling??  I LOVE that she has a cute little kitty in her arms.  It is no secret.  I love kitties!  Can't get enough of them!  I'd take every one of them home with me if I could...but that isn't feasible for me...so I have to stick with my 3 :)

It seems when I start planning cards, and decide to add flowers, I always get the idea that I'm going to load them on and have this huge spread...but in the end it always seems to be just 1.  Not sure why that happens :)  I cut this flower out with my cricut with 2 staggered layers that I embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.  I love the texture and uniqueness it gives the flower.  Then I cut out a spiral rose, added glitter (which ended up all over me :) ) and quilled it up for the center.  I punched out 3 different types of foliage in 3 different shades of green and layered them all together.
The sentiment is from Desert Diva, printed, cut into a tag shape and then inked around the edge in pink.  I've inked all the edges of the papers with either pink or green.
I love how the 3 patterned papers coordinate so well together!

For my image, I colored her in carefully with my colored pencils.  I didn't add anything extra to the image...shock!  I did think of adding glitter, but she's just so adorable on her own that I didn't think she needed it :)
 The finishing touches were a swirl and corner rounds cut with my cricut, and pink and clear gems in 3 different sizes added to the swirl, corner rounds, and upper right corner to help tie that all in together.

What do you think?  I'm so glad I have this image!  She just makes me smile every time I look at her!  And to help fuel my Saturated Canary addiction, I picked up another 10 images during her sale this past weekend!  Oh boy...!

This card is entered in the following challenges:
    Simon Says Stamp-Dawny's Sketch
    Ruby's Rainbow #33-Cute Animals
    Lexi's Creations #69-For a Friend
    Lia Stampz #21-Anything Goes
    Love to Create #24-3 of Something
    Ooh La La #109-Whiskers
    Paper Pretties #48-Embossing
    My Mum's Craft Shop #66-Cats and Dogs
    Divas by Design #44-Anything Goes

Be sure to stop by and "Like" my Facebook page!  I'd totally appreciate it!!
Thanks for swinging by! <3

15 comments:

  1. what a lovely interpretation of our challenge!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, love the image and colours used, gorgeous, thanks for joining our challenge at My Mum's craft shop, Gaynor DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Your coloring is so pretty! Thank you for playing along with Dawny's Sketch challenge over at Simon Says Stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for your sweet comment!
      <3 Emily

      Delete
  4. I will definitely join in more Ruby's Rainbow challenges! Thank you for your comment.
    <3 Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Emily, I love the colourscheme and that image is special! You've coloured her in so well.

    Thanks for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colouring Thanks so much for playing at Divas this wk hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily - what a gorgeous card. Love the image which you've coloured so beautifully! Thanks for sharing this at Lexi's Creations in our "For a Friend" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunningly beautiful!! I love it! Thanks for joining in at Divas this week! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Emily!!thanks for joining us at Diva's this time
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Supercute card, and a lovely image! Thanks for joining OLL's Whiskerchallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Emily,
    Oh Wow this is Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the Saturated Canary image, the dp, the colour scheme is just scrumptious. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete