Birthday Ava

Hello to everyone on this wonderful Saturday evening.
After a week of simple cards, I buckled down and went all out today...or I tried :)
I really had wanted/expected to add more to this card, but once I put the roses on, I knew it didn't need anything else.
This adorable image is a freebie from Krista at Saturated Canary called Ava.  Such a cute party image.  I colored her in with my colored pencils and added some glitter to her ruffles and balloon.  Then cut her out and mounted her on a scallop die cut.
I inked the edges of everything in a soft pink to help it all meld together.  I hand wrote the sentiment because the stamp I wanted to use wouldn't fit...so I tried to mimic it as best I could.  Turned out pretty good.  Could have been a bit straighter :)

I cut out the roses with my cricut, chalked the edges in pink and then quilled them together.  I added some glitter glue to the edges so that they also sparkled.  Gotta love glitter :)
The last touch was the corner rounds which I added a large pearl to the centers.
It's pretty much perfect.  The soft green and pink mesh perfect together.  Ava is so cute nestled in a bed of roses.  It has layers and details that haven't been on any of my cards this week.  I love it!

This card is entered in the following challenges:
    Mojo Monday #244
    The Pretty Little Ribbon #11-Lots of Layers
    My Heart Pieces-Flower Challenge
    Party Time Tuesdays #71-Use Something Shiny
    Ribbon Carousel #56-Birthday Bash
    My Mums Craft Shop #60-Bingo (flowers, pearls, die cuts)
    Paper Crafting Journey-Colour It Up
    Sassy Studio #128-Add a Splash
    Saturated Canary #19-Anything Goes

I'd love to have you stop by my Facebook page!  Click on the "Like" button to stay informed of new blog posts and etsy items!!

Thanks for stopping by!  I pray the rest of your weekend is wonderful! <3

11 comments:

  1. So Beautiful. I love your corners and your roses.Dp and Layout too looking beautiful. Thank You for joining with us this week at My Heart Pieces hope to see you next week again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, the flowers are so lovely.

    Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh She is gorgeous. I love this little image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the flowers!!Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Heart Pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous. You can never go wrong with a SC image!! Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at MMCS this week. Trudie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your roses are gorgeous and love the sparkle on the balloon too. So glad you could join us at Party Time Tuesdays this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful and I LOVE those roses! Thanks for entering the Sassy Studio Designs Challenge.

    Jamie ~ SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful emily, so gentle and the pastel colours look fabulous
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, love the colours! Many thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces for the Flower challenge! judit x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such delicate colours! Thanks for sharing at My Heart Pieces!

    ReplyDelete