All White Card

Wow...it's really been 2 weeks since I last posted!!  :(  That makes me sad.  I've been working on my Christmas cards a lot the last few weeks, so that has taken up most of my time, but also I just haven't had any really impressive ideas pop into my head...I haven't been trying too hard either though.
But I'm happy to show you this card today.  I've been thinking a lot about my Etsy shop and how to promote my items and really get it going and one of the things I've been thinking about is making flowers.  I started with the roses on my Twilight card a few posts back, and those were so much fun!  But since it is Christmas, I wanted to do a Christmas flower.  And it seemed to just work perfectly for this card.
What a fabulous card!!  I love everything about it!  Well...I'm not sure about the sentiment at the bottom...using black ink doesn't really flow with the card.  It stands out a little too much...but I didn't have a good idea for the sentiment...couldn't use white :)  Maybe a pale peach or pink would have been better, but I don't have any markers/pens in those lighter colors so I would have had to print it...and I didn't think of that until it was already stuck down...oh well :)  The rest of the card makes up for it!
The beginning idea behind this card came from a challenge blog I came across a week or so ago-Stampin Sisters in Christ.  Their challenge this week is to include an angel on your project based on the scripture passage Matthew 1:20-22.  It was so wonderful reading through that blog posting about the best Christmas gifts.  Sometimes we need reminders.  It's easy to get caught up in the day and the troubles that arise and just let that frustration and anger fester.  But with forgiveness, kindness, time, love and a smile life gets better and we can put all that behind us.  I needed that reminder!
So with this card, I wanted the angel to stand out and obviously be the focal point of the card, but still have it be the Christmas theme.  I started by embossing the back frame with my Swiss Dots folder and mounting it on white card stock.  The middle banner is embossed with the D'vine Swirls folder and then I double embossed it by using some clear embossing powder to give it a shine and not just be a flat white pattern. I think it adds so much to the card!
The angel is cut out from a pearl white paper and a glitter paper for the wings.  I used the Cricut Christmas Solutions cartridge for her.  Then I used some glitter glue around her frame.
 Then it was on to the flowers!  These were so much fun to make!  The petals are just a simple leaf shape.  I used my white gel pen to etch a vein down the middle for some detail.  I added some glitter glue to the petals after I had attached them and then cut really small strips of paper and curled them around a q-tip for some added embellishments around the poinsettias!
It's so lovely! 
This card is entered in the following challenges:
    Crafts 4 Eternity #48-Sketch
    Stampin Sisters in Christ #118-Matthew 1:20-22
    The Crazy Challenge #96-Anything Goes
    Party Time Tuesdays #44-Anything Goes
    Simon Says-Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed this card!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful take on our sketch, I love WOW. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the white on white. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love white on white and your addition of sparkle really makes it gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lovely, lovely card!! I really think the all white cards are beautiful but yours is just stunning!! There are so many wonderful details. I love the angel. This card would really bring a smile to someone special!!
    Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very lovely !
    Thanks for joining us this week at C4E. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete