You're Snow Fabulous!

Working on getting my inspiration back :)
Today's card I actually started yesterday.  I used a card Tracey at BrossARTaddition.blogspot made to get my brain flowing on detail ideas. (card can be found here)  I wanted to try adding more elements to my card to really pack on the details.  This card kind of worked out that way.  There were a lot more embellishments I wanted to add but just couldn't seem to get them to work on the card.
It turned out super cute.  I know there aren't a lot of details to it...but there are a lot of layers.  I cut out the snowman 3 times from the Cricut Snow Friends cartridge and glued all the layers together to give him some thickness without popping him off the card.  His outfit details all have 2 layers to them to again give depth without popping them up.  I added Stickles to the swirl in the corner, his earmuffs and flower centers, and the white swirl on the side.
The scalloped edging is cut from the Holiday Cakes cartridge and then I used the small eyelet punch to cut out the little holes.
Another thing I've been really trying to work on is vamping up the insides of my cards instead of leaving them empty. 
It's a start :)  I will keep working on that.  I don't want to add a lot of stuff on the inside because I feel the front is suppose to be where the main detail is at, but it's nice to have a "pretty" interior :)
This card is entered in the following challenge:
    Sketch Saturday #180
Thanks for looking!

0 Fabulous Comments: