Pink, Pink, Pink!

TGIF!  I don't know about you, but this week has been dragging for me!  I'm glad it is finally the weekend!
Today's card is very simple but oh so sweet!
The image is from Pixie Dust Studio and I just love it!  Every time I scan through my collection, I spot this one and tell myself I need to use it SOON!  Well I finally did!  I was also able to use up some of my scraps stash on this card.
The pink leopard print paper I have had for quite some time, and I had made a box with it awhile ago which left me all these tiny odd sized pieces.  But they were perfect size for this layout!
I colored in the image with my colored pencils...each time I use them I realize that my color selection is quite minimal...like when I make a pink card and want to color the shirt pink...but oh right, no pink pencil!  Ugh...I will have to improve my collection very soon!  But I did the best I could with what I had :)
For the heart, I added some glossy dimensional accents to it and then sprinkled it with red glitter.
I cut out the pink border using my Cricut Holiday Cakes cartridge and then punched the little holes with my eyelet tool.  I strung a pink glitter ribbon across the top of that and added some red pearl embellishments.  Then I did some hand stitching/doodling around all the panels and it was done!
Like I said, simple but so sweet!
This card is entered in the following challenges:
    Pixie Dust Studio #114-Sketch
    Deep Ocean Challenge #19-Pink and Brown
    Digital Tuesday #147-Use Your Stash
    Cardz TV #102-Stitching
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, wonderful job with the faux stitching! Thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet. I love the image you chose and your coloring is perfect - pink pencil or no pink pencil :) Thanks for playing with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge at Cardz TV. Hope to see you back again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card what a sweet image thanks so much for joining us at deep ocean this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete