Add a Doodle at Tuesday Throwdown

Hello!  Happy Tuesday!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful fun filled week so far!  It's a bit rainy here in Washington, but we've been trying our best to get outside for walks every day.  The fresh air definitely seems to help calm Gwen down.  She absolutely loves the outdoors!  Which is good since we now have a giant yard for her to play in :)

This week we have a new fun challenge for you at Tuesday Throwdown.  We want you to add a doodle to your cards!  Our awesome sponsor is Lawn Fawn and they kindly provided us with some new materials to use on our projects!
I....may have gone a little crazy with my doodle....I wanted something new and fun but everything I kept trying just didn't seem to hit the mark.  So I went outside my comfort zone and did some zentangle drawing for my sky.  Let me tell you...that is not a skill I have at all!  That was a ton of work which I wasn't entirely prepared for.  But I actually totally love the outcome!

Of course, I had to include mountains in my card because I just love mountains and am so blessed that we have a view of the Cascade mountains from our home.  I added in a sun peaking from behind the mountains and scattered some swirly clouds in the sky.  It was fun to create this background!  The painful part was getting it colored!!

If I had just used markers, it probably wouldn't have been so bad...but I wanted to do soft ink blending....which meant masking off every single thing in that background over and over again.  So much work!...but oh well.  This card is for my dad for his birthday today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!) and I'm sure he will love it.  So all the extra work is worth it :)

The stamp set I used is the Really High Five set from Lawn Fawn.  Oh my goodness this set is so much fun to use!!  Lawn Fawn never gets it wrong but they really nailed it perfectly with this set!  I will be using it quite often now!

I wanted to put more critters on the card, but felt the fox fit perfectly by itself.  So I just cascaded some balloons through the sky for him to hang from and then white heat embossed my sentiment to scatter around the card front.  So cute!!

I hope you'll join us this week!

I'd love to enter this card into the Lawn Fawnatics Spectacular Skies challenge this week!

Thanks for visiting!! <3

3 comments:

  1. WOW - Your sky is absolutely AMAZING!!! So different artsy and coll!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and playing with us at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sky is absolutely gorgeous. I really think it's super creative. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH wow, this is so so cool!

    ReplyDelete