Happy Freakin Birthday!

Hello!
Man I am so far behind!  Life is just too crazy and I can't ever seem to catch up!
We started a new challenge yesterday at Tuesday Throwdown called Heatwave where we want to see you use hot colors!  This theme seems ultra fitting right now as Seattle, and what seems to be the rest of the country, is in a major heatwave right now.  Being nearly 7 months pregnant...I'm dying!  I love my cooler weather...I am so not a hot weather type of person and being near 90 for almost the last week has just been brutal.  But it also makes me super thankful for air conditioners!!
Our awesome sponsor for this challenge is Winnie & Walter!  I decided to use the Scenery Stripes 2 set for the background of my card.  I started by doing some smashy type coloring on my background by pressing some distress oxide inks onto my craft mat and then dipping my paper into it.  The fun thing with oxide inks is you can smash the paper down, dry it, and then smash it again and the colors will layer on top of each other instead of mixing!  This allows you to get so much detail and depth in your background, I just love it!

When I had the background set the way I liked it, I did a little water flicking to get a few softer splatters and to help break up any solid colors I may have had.  Then pulled out 2 of the stripe patterns from my stamp set and white heat embossed them along the bottom half of the card.

I used The Big, The Bold, & The Happy for my main sentiment and white embossed that onto black cardstock before trimming it out.  I finished the sentiment with a Hero Arts set and then scattered a few star sequins around the card for some shine!

I hope you'll join us at Tuesday Throwdown for this fun challenge!  And sorry I'm a day late....rather late than never right?

Thanks for stopping by! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: