Baby Thanks!

Happy Monday!
We are in for some crazy heat here in Washington this week...I am so incredibly not ready for it but I'm thankful we have a couple of window AC units to help around our little house.

We also have a fun new sketch challenge for you at Inky Paws this week!
I decided to try my hand at a clear card with this sketch.  I really love how it turned out, but it is difficult to photograph a clear card properly without it looking a little weird. 

Since we are just about at 2 months left before our little baby girl joins us, I've had baby projects on my mind and decided it would be great to make a baby card!  I couldn't resist using the Loveable Laundry set from Newton's Nook for my card, so I stamped out a few on the adorable onesies and colored them in with copics.  I went with a dark pink color which wasn't quite what I was looking for...but it's still very painful on my hands to do too much coloring so I decided I was going to stick with it instead of redoing it all...

I blended out a yellow/orange background with distress oxide inks and then "stamped" an embossing folder onto the ink using water.  The water reacted with the inks and then I just soaked it up with a paper towel to reveal the pattern in the ink.  It's super cool, subtle, but really adds just that bit of extra fun to the card.

I die cut out a thanks word die and did some ombre grey coloring on that to match the other greys on the card, and then layered everything together to fit the sketch!  Finished it all off with some white nuvo drops and some nuvo crystal glaze on the onesies so they look like balloons. 

A word of advice when using crystal glaze over copics...it does cause it to bleed!  I put a very thick layer on so maybe if you don't use quite so much, it won't be as bad...but just be warned!

I hope you'll stop by Inky Paws and join us for this fun sketch challenge!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

2 comments:

  1. Emily- this card is awesome. Love the idea of using acetate- what a fun baby card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This clear card is super cool! I love this idea. It would be so unique to receive in the mail!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete