With Sprinkles on Top!

Hey hey!!
Happy Monday!  We're starting the second week of our color challenge at Inky Paws!  I hope you have had the chance to join us! 
I really wanted to try something a little different for my card this week.  Since doing any sort of copic or pencil coloring has been way too painful with my carpal tunnel, I wanted to do watercoloring, but not with watercolors.  So I pulled out my Spectrum Noir sparkle pens.  Jennifer McGuire has done coloring with these many times in the past and I thought it would be fun to try.

Fortunately I had the right colors to match our challenge!  I used some Bristol paper and stamped my image from the Newton's Summer Treats set in some Versafine ink.  Once the ink was dry, I began coloring.  I tried to do a little shading on the kitty with a yellow and orange shimmer pen.  But the rest of the image I only added a blue and pink shimmer pen.  This whole kitty image sparkles like crazy!! 

I layered it onto an ink blended background.  The frame was dry embossed using the Bubbly Stencil and die cut with the Frameworks die set, as well as the frame in the center.  I embossed my sentiment on a flagged banner and layered that over my focal frame and that finished off the card!

Be sure to check out the rest of the Inky Paws inspiration team!

Thanks so much for visiting! <3

3 comments:

  1. Darling card Emily! I love how you used the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Emily.Fab design and super cute image :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the way you used the colors and I can imagine it's even prettier in person with all the sparkle!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete