Mermaids!

Happy Monday!
We are starting a brand new fun challenge for you this week at Inky Paws!  It's all about those summer/beach themed cards!!  And the newest release from Newton's Nook is absolutely perfect for this theme!
I went a little crazy with the new release products on my card...but they were all just too much fun not to play with!  But of course...the whole thing took me a bit longer than normal with all that coloring and cutting...it was quite rough on my poor arms with this carpal tunnel.  But I got it done!

I took the shell images from Purr-Maid Newton and Manatee-rific and watercolored them in with some Gansi Tambi colors.  Then cut them all out and layered them onto a die cut oval.  I also stamped and watercolored cute little mermaid Newton and a seahorse to add to my card front.  One of the sentiments is white heat embossed right in the center!

For the background, I used white pigment ink through the Seashells Stencil and layered that onto some black cardstock.  I finished the whole card with a mighty scattering of some Simply White and White Blizzard Nuvo drops to fill in around my seashell frame.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for this fun challenge!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

4 comments:

  1. This is REALLY gorgeous! I love all the beautiful layers you added! Perfect for the summer theme!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the hard work of cutting and cutting and coloring and coloring paid off. This is a spectacular card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my first comment published... so Thanks for the love @ the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rainbow tail and cool seashell background!

    ReplyDelete