Pool Party!

Hey everyone!  Happy Monday!
We're starting a brand new challenge at Inky Paws!  So for the next 2 weeks, we want to see you use some cute animals on your projects!  This is super easy with the huge variety of animal stamps that Newton's Nook offers!  Any set you choose will have loads of cute animals for you to use!
I have been dealing with some pretty painful carpal tunnel the last couple of weeks...a lovely side affect of my pregnancy...but the pain and numbness in my hands has made crafting and coloring really hard.

So I decided to do something that wouldn't require a lot of pressure and would still give me nice shading on my image.  I pulled out my Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils!  I haven't played with those in so long and I realized how much I missed them after making this card.  The stamp set I used was Newton's Donut.  He just looked like he was playing with a donut shaped floaty.  So I tried to create a pool type scene.

I die cut my patterned paper with the Flags and Frames die set, then used the rectangle die in that set to cut a corner piece out of blue cardstock.  The edges were inked up to give it a little dimension and then I used a white gel pen to add some water wave type detail.

I stamped a simple sentiment from Newton's Summer Vacation.  It seemed so perfect and honestly, I really wish I was joining Newton in that pool right now :)
Scattered a few black enamel dots around the sentiment and the card was done!

I can't wait to see what you come up with for this fun challenge!!
Thanks for visiting! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: