Eat Glitter!

Happy Tuesday!!!.....errr...I mean Wednesday....
What a week!  Total madness and it's only Wednesday?!  I'm so sorry this post is late for our new challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown!  Sometimes these things happen...

But lets turn this post around and get to the challenge!!  We want to see rainbow colors!!  Our awesome sponsor is Your Next Stamp and I managed to get my hands on a few of their adorable sets that fit this theme so perfectly!!
Check out those super cute trolls!!!  I love these little guys!  They are from the Insanely Happy set and that name just totally fits them!  Anyone getting a card with these cuties on it can't help but be happy :)

I really wanted to make a shaker card to go along with my rainbow of trolls so I cut out several of these stripe windowed panels with my Silhouette and glued them all together to get some great solid dimension.  The stamped out and colored up my trolls with my copics before fussy cutting them out to add to the front of my card.

And here is where I found my mistake.  In order to make a shaker card, you have to remember to add some sort of clear acetate in there to hold all your shaker bits in.  And I didn't...I just glued all 5 of my layers together and set it aside!  Now, I know I could have just added another layer on top with the acetate behind it...but I'm lazy and decided to go a different route.

I tucked the feet of my little trolls behind some of those openings and then did a gorgeous rainbow ink blended background with the following Oxide colors:  Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Blueprint Sketch, and Wilted Violet.  Then to mimic the look of sparkly sequins and shaker bits, I did some splattering with both water and shimmer spray, and then scattered a bunch of clear nuvo drops throughout each opening!  I love it!!

Then, using a sentiment from the Whatnot Sentiments set, I stamped that onto some black cardstock and white heat embossed it.

How awesome is that sentiment?  I just love it!!  I can't wait to make a ton of other birthday cards with that sentiment because it's just so perfect!!

Anyhow, hope you enjoyed this card and will stop by Tuesday Throwdown to join in our fun Rainbow Colors challenge!!

Thanks for visiting!! <3

3 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic! Love your colouring and design! Cute trolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your troll rainbow card! Great design....and the Nuvo drops look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete