Toucan - Inky Paws Challenge #64

Hello hello!
Happy Monday!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for a brand new Inky Paws challenge!!
This week we have a wonderful sketch for you which is always a great way to get an idea rolling when you're making a card!
For my card this week, I decided not to do a bunch of layers like the sketch indicates, but instead try to include the different elements in unique ways.

So I started with a piece of watercolor paper, and die cut it with the Frames and Flags die set.  I just picked this set up and absolutely love it!!  Can't wait to keep playing around with that fun scallop panel!!

To represent the large rectangle in the background, I took a very thin mixture of black watercolor so that I could get really light grey stripes.  I felt this was a nice subtle background for my toucan's while also fit that element into the sketch.

Then I stamped and colored up my toucans from the Toucan Party set.  I layered them up with a bunch of the leaves and flowers from the same set and then placed them onto a die cut and layered heart.

My sentiment is from the same set.  I white heat embossed the Toucan sentiment onto a strip of black that was cut with the same Frames and Flags die set, and then stamped the rest of the sentiment below.

Placed the whole thing onto a blue colored mat and added some clear droplets for extra shine, and the card was done!

I hope you will join us for this fun sketch challenge!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Thanks so much for visiting!! <3

2 comments:

  1. What a fun way to interpret the sketch! I love the coloring on the cute toucans too! So cute!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete