Gift Card Holder!!

Hey there!  Happy Monday!
Are you ready to see some more inspiration for our current sketch at Inky Paws?
For my card, I really wanted just a simple little kitty in a santa hat.  But I didn't have anything like that in my stash...so I had to scratch my brain a little bit and try to figure out a way to finagle one together.   What I ended up doing was using the head of the chimney kitty in Santa Paws Newton and adding it to the body of the kitty in Newtons Costume Party...and it worked!  I have a simple kitty I can color however I want, and he's wearing a santa hat!  Love it!!

To create my elements to fit the sketch, I started with a bright blue piece of cardstock and added some embossing paste through a snowflake stencil.  I had tried this with the snowfall stencil from Newton's Nook...but I didn't apply the paste very well and it smudged and squished through the stencil in a few places...I'll have to try that again later.

I cut a tag from some vellum and then made a little pocket in the front using another piece of the patterned paper I used in the background.  I stamped and heat embossed a fun sentiment onto a piece of shimmer cardstock and adhered that right over the seam where my pocket starts.

Here's how it looks without the gift card in it.  Still super cute and fun!!
I hope you've been inspired to check out this sketch challenge and join in the fun!
Image may contain: text
Just remember to use Newton's Nook products on your creations!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: