Costume Party Spinner

Hey!! Happy Monday!
I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing weekend and are ready to tackle this new week!!  We have an fun new challenge for your at Inky Paws starting today!  It's a gorgeous Halloween photo inspiration!

For my card, I decided to use one of the new sets from Newton's Nook - Newton's Costume Party.  This set is so much fun!  I can't believe all the awesome costume designs you can use to dress up little Newton!!  There were so many...I just couldn't decide which to choose...so I went with all the hats!!
This card was quite interesting to put together.  I knew I wanted to have an interactive element in it so that the hats could spin around and fit on top of my kitties head.  But this sort of formed an issue with dimension since you need enough height for the elements to be above my kitty, but also below my background...I think I learned a few things that I can change to make it work out a little better next time.  But this card works pretty well, so I'm happy with it.  You just have to guide everything as your spinning it.
The bottom part of the card is layered up with some fun foam and a few extra border pieces to give it just a little bit extra height.  And then all the hats have foam tape just along the tops so that they slide right over top of my little Ezio kitties head.
I used a piece of acetate for the spinner so you can see the full background, and repeat stamped Eek! on the bottom panel for a bit of tone on tone detail.
This card is so much fun!  I just love all the hats on this adorable little kitty!!
I hope you will join us for this fun challenge over at Inky Paws!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! <3

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is so cool. I LOVE how you created a spinner card where the hats change! It must be so fun to turn to see all the different options! Really an awesome idea! Thank you for thes super cool Inky Paws challenge inspiration!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete