Melt My Heart - New Sami Stamps Release!!

Happy New Year!!
It's good to be back to work...though I really enjoyed taking December off.  It was awesome having Matthew home with me for a few weeks where we could sleep in and veg out all day...ahh...loved it.

But life must go on and we are now back into the full swing of things.  And with that we have a super adorable new release today from Sami Stamps called Snowman Friends!  We're also starting our January challenge to add some sparkle!  This one should be pretty easy since no card is complete without some shine!
I'm still trying to shake the cobwebs out of my brain to help get my creativity flowing, so decided to keep this card nice and simple with a fun blended background and a simple colored image.  I used the Frost and Whiskars image for my card today (of course!  I can't resist Sami's kitty images...they're my weakness..)

For the coloring, I pulled out my brand new Prismacolor pencils that Matthew got me!!  They are luscious...and might take me a little bit to get used to.  But I'm excited to play around with them a bit more and see all the wonderful things they can do!

To finish off the card, I added some little sparkly snowflake dots around the snowman as well as along the snow hills, and then scattered some sequins across the background.

I hope you'll stop by Sami Stamps and join in our Sparkle challenge!  Just remember to use a Sami Stamps image!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Creative Fingers #122
    Paper Sweeties Snowman Photo Inspiration
    Simon Says Stamp-New Something (new pencils, new image to color!)
    Word Art Wednesday #264-Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting! <3

5 comments:

  1. Hi there, Emily!
    What a stunning and super sweet card. I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to stop by and share your amazing art with us. It's a joy to have you play along. I look forward to seeing more of your amazing art in future challenges. You can link up as much as you'd like...I look forward to it.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. This super sweet SNOWMAN card would also be a PERFECT fit for our new challenge over at Paper Sweeties. You could win a $25 gift certificate to the sweetest little shop....Paper Sweeties. I hope you will swing by and link this up with us. You can find the challenge here:
    https://papersweeties.com/category/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wicked fun images! i just adore how you colored it :) Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, Emily!
    I just wanted to thank you for accepting my invitation and stopping by to share this adorable card in our challenge at Paper Sweeties. We LOVE having you share your sweet art with us. This card is SO cute with the little sequins surrounding it. Great job. Lucky me, I got to come back and take another look.
    Have a blessed week, and thanks for linking up!
    Karen L
    Paper Sweeties

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet snowman ... and I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us this month for the Paper Sweeties January challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome creation...Love the inking on your background. Thank you for linking with us at Word Art Wednesday. Our current challenge is still ongoing and we would love to have you participate again. I would like to share this passage from the Bible coming from Hebrews 6:11-12 which says, "We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised." Have a blessed week.

    JO ANN
    httop://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete