On Your Day

Hey everyone!
We have a new challenge starting today at Tuesday Throwdown - Monochromatic!
This can be a super fun style if you can get the color scheme right.  Some colors done in monochromatic style, I feel, don't look good.  But if you can get all the shades right, it can be gorgeous!

Our awesome sponsor this week is MHK Designs and she has provided some awesome images for our team to use!
I decided to go with reds for my card because I wanted to use these gorgeous roses from the Stencil in the Roses set.  I started by trimming down a piece of SchoolHouse Red cardstock from Simon Says Stamp and using a chevron stencil over top.  Through the stencil I applied Unicorn White Pigment Ink from Hero Arts.  This helped keep the monochromatic theme going by just lightening up that red a little bit.

For the roses, I printed them off at a super light setting so that I could just barely see the shapes.  Then took a few Inktense pencils and watercolored them in.  But instead of using just water, I used the new Spectrum Noir Sparkle brush in clear!  Holy smokes!  So much sparkle!  I LOVE it!

I cut out the roses in a stitched circle with my Silhouette and them framed it with a scallop cut piece of vellum.  I used a sentiment from WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals.

To finish it off, I added just a few dots of glossy accents around the card for some extra detail and shine.

I hope you will join us this week for this fun challenge! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: