Can't Get Enough - New Sami Stamps Release!!

Happy Friday!
I'm so happy the weekend is here!  This has been a very long, tiring week...not sure why.  I've just struggled a lot getting out of bed and staying motivated.  Hopefully I can find my strength over the weekend and be refreshed for next week :)

We have another absolutely adorable release for you today at Sami Stamps called Lovely Snowflakes!  Sami just keeps knocking my socks off with her cute images!  I couldn't resist playing with Curious Snowflake Kitten...of course :)
Isn't she just so adorable!  I just want to scoop her up, scarf and all, off the card and cuddle her!  Fortunately, since I colored her in like my sweet Cloud, I can cuddle the real thing :)

I started by stamping a random pattern of snowflakes and clear heat embossing them.  Then used Stormy Sky, Broken China, and Tumbled Glass to get a nice soft winter sky look around those snowflakes.  I splattered some water around to get the really cool water drop look and then took that panel and ironed off all the embossing powder.  I'm not sure if it's the type of powder I have, but once all the melted stuff was gone, what was left on each of the snowflakes was a soft shimmer.  Looks so cool!!

To finish off the details of the snowy background, I took my Marvey Snow Marker and added little dots to fill in some of the spaces between the snowflakes, then heat it so those little dots puffed up!  It's so fun to watch that happen :)

My image was colored in with pencils.  Super simple coloring to keep the image soft.  I added a little more of the same ink colors around the top of the image panel and then framed it with a scallop trimmed frame.  I added a little sentiment in the corner and then put everything together.

So super cute!!  Be sure to stop by Sami Stamps to see the DT's creations with this adorable new release!!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Addicted to Stamps and More #176-Anything Goes
    Freshly Made Sketches #219
   
    Simon Says Stamp-Ombre

Thanks so much for visiting, and have a fabulous weekend!! <3

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, this image is so so cute and your colouring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image! And you've colored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this card just warms my heart! Beautifully colored image and "just right" design details. Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, what a cute image you have used
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on cuddling that darling card. What a face. Great coloring and background. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this little cutie could not be sweeter!! Love your coloring. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete