3 Cheers For You!

Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!
We have a fun new challenge for you at Tuesday Throwdown this week - Sports Fan!  Perfect for this time of year, right? :)

Our sponsor this week is MyGrafico and they provided us with some super cute images to use on our projects.
I struggled to get this card put together.  The ice skating deer were super cute, but sports fan to me just screams something else...but I pushed myself and finally got something put together at the last minute.

Maybe my issue is that it's another winter card and I'm just not ready for those yet.  I haven't really even done any Halloween cards!  Those have to come first!  But at the same time, inking up this gorgeous wintery sky for this card was super fun and kind of started to get me more in the mood.  It will take a little bit, but I'm getting there :)

So I started by inking up my background with some distress inks to create a gorgeous bright winter sky.  Then I dabbed some white pigment ink over the very top to try and mimic clouds.  It didn't turn out quite like I wanted but it's still cool.  Then I added some embossing paste through the Winnie & Walter Scenery: Big Bang Circle Creative Screen to get my snowflakes.  I didn't put them all the way to the top because, again, there's supposed to be the look of clouds up there...oh well.  It's still gorgeous.

I printed off my image and colored it in with my pencils.  Then added foam adhesive to the back and stuck it to my Stitched Rectangle vellum die cut from Lawn Fawn and added it to my card.

The finishing touch was a big white sparkly snowflake and a few little snowflake embellishments.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    613 Avenue Create #144-Anything Goes/Pink
    Chocolate Coffee Cards #101-Animals
    Crafts 4 Eternity #246-Woodland

I hope you stop by and join in this fun challenge!  Thanks for visiting! <3

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent winter card. I really love the background. Thank you for joining our challenge at CC & CC. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete