Pawesome Friend

Hi everyone!
I wanted to stop in real quick and share a fun card I've put together.  As you know, I love Newton's Nook.  Can't get enough of them.  So whenever a fun idea pops into my head to use their stamps on, I get really excited!

I had this idea pop while browsing some challenges and seeing a few sketches.  I knew I wanted to use the kitty, but wasn't sure what to put next to him.  Took me a day or so to figure that out, but when it clicked it all worked!
I love it!!!  I decided to use the "pawesome" die cut from the Simon Says Stamp Playful Pets set.  I did a little selective cutting so only the main parts of the word cut, and the very bottom stayed attached to the card.  It didn't entirely work...but oh well.  A little bit of fun foam behind it for stability and it all worked out in the end :)

To get that die cut to pop out a little, I covered it in some clear/silver glitter and then clear embossed it.  So much sparkle, I love it!

Then I colored in my little Storm from the Newton's Antics set.  After debating on a background for a day or so, I finally decided to just do some simple paw stamps in grey behind everything.

And to finish it off, I added the little friend stamp under the die cut.  It's such a sweet card.  I love how cute Storm is all tucked in sleeping.  Love my kitties!

This is also sort of a special post because it will be my last "live" post for a few months.  I have posts scheduled through April for my challenge teams that you will still get to see, but after April I'm not sure when I will be back.  Some awesome changes are happening right now and I'm thrilled with it all, but it does mean that I have to step away from crafting for a bit.  Thank you for understanding!!  I will see you all again in a few months!   <3

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I love cats! Thanks for leading me to Newton's Antics! The design of your card works perfectly, and I love the sentiment. Good luck with your new endeavors -- you'll be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a cat but I really LOVE your cute card!!!!!!! I have a pet mini pig and basset hound!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely precious Emily!! Great job!! Wishing you a lovely Easter weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete