Peace

Happy Thursday!
We are starting a new challenge at Meljen's Designs.  We want to see you Holiday cards!  I've really been trying to push myself to make Christmas cards these last few weeks.  It's been tough this year, but I'm working on it :)

Meljen's Designs has so many fabulous images, it's always so hard to decided which one I want to use.  But this sweet little Woodland Christmas Tree was just calling to me when I browsed through my images.
I really wanted to do something fun for this card.  So decided to pull out my watercolors and work on creating some sort of Northern Lights type sky.  My first attempt went horribly wrong, but thankfully I learned from it and was able to create something that I really love!  I should have added a few more darker spots in some areas, but overall it's exactly what I set out to create.

Of course, right in the middle of working on this card, our computer crashed and I wasn't able to print off my image until Matthew got home to fix the computer.  Thank goodness he is a computer wiz!  I love my geeky husband <3

So the image ended up being colored in a super rush so I could get my card finished in time to send it off to my team leader...so it isn't colored all that great.  But it sparkles, so that makes it pretty and helps distract from the sub-par coloring :)

To finish it all off, I die cut a couple layers of vellum and a dark blue to mimic some rolling snow hills and layered them together around the tree.  Then tied a simple little twine bow.  The sentiment was an after thought...like always.  I got really lucky that the stamping of it came out crisp since that whole panel was already mounted up on foam tape.  But it worked!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    AAA Cards #29-Blue Christmas
    Curtain Call-Clearly Christmas

    Mojo Monday #374
    Simon Says Stamp-Christmas/Holidays

Be sure to stop by Meljen's Designs to join in this awesome challenge.  And remember, we no longer require the use of a Meljen's Designs image to enter, but if you do use one, you get a double entry!!

Thanks for visiting!! <3

10 comments:

  1. so gorgeous emily.fabulous sparkle and i love the christmas tree and colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the background is just lovely! Thank goodness for a hubby who can save the day with fixing the computer. Lucky you! This card is a great example that CAS doesn't always mean white space. It can be blue, too! Thanks for playing at AAA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful watercolored background, Emily! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Emily! I adore your card, a gorgeous tree and perfect sentiment! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is just gorgeous! I love that northern lights effect you did with the watercolors! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wonderful. I absolutely LOVE your water color "northern sky" ...fantastic Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EMILY!!! I love this! Your Northern Lights backdrop is AMAZING!!! Great Design too hun. Just blown away!

    hugs,
    Amy- DT sis
    http://lilcutiecreations.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love your sky - amazing! Thanks for linking up at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Christmas card, Emily! Thanks for showing us your blue at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete