You're Amazing

Hey Everyone!
I'm running a bit late with my Meljen's Designs challenge post...sorry about that.  This week has not been so great and my motivation/scheduling to get stuff done has been off kilter...but I'm trying to pick it back up :)

We have a super awesome sketch for you this week!  I love working from sketches.  That is the first place I turn to when looking for a card design idea.  Seems if I don't follow a sketch, all my cards end up looking the same :)
Yes, more sunflowers :)  They're just so bright and cheery and I really need that right now.  So I couldn't help myself, I had to use this awesome Sunflower Buggies image from Meljen's Designs.  It's an image that has been screaming to be used for so long and I kept putting it off for other images.  But not this time!

I printed it off 3 times, colored it all up with my ShinHan markers and then did some layering on the sunflower for some fun dimension.

With the last sunflower card that I made last week, while trying to find some background paper, I found that I loved the honeycomb pattern, but it didn't fit very well with that card.  So it was the first paper I grabbed for this card!  Extra bonus that there are some sweet bees in the image :)

For the fun button and bow, I strung my twine through the button, looped it in the back and then coated the tails with some matte medium adhesive and wrapped them around a pencil to get the awesome curls.  Saw that on a Shari Carroll card awhile ago and have been dying to give it a try :)  I added touches of glitter brush all around the image, and that was it!

Hope you will stop by to play with our awesome sketch this week!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Chocolate, Coffee, Cards #72-Bingo (Yellow, String, Blue)
    Creative Inspirations #278-Flower Power
    Delightful Challenges-Layer It
    Let's Craft and Create #96-Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting! <3

6 comments:

  1. This is so delightful. Love the colors and I too love Meljen's Design images. Thank for sharing on the Delightful Challenge of Layer It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Emily! Love the cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Emily and just perfect for our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Thank you for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so stunning emily.i love the sweet sunflower and your colours are gorgeous :D

    x coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card,love image and wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations. I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making such gorgeous cards Emily !! Your blog is very inspiring and I landed here because of a link in Meljen's Designs FB page ! The image is beautifully colored and layered and it gives the card a lot of dimension and interest !!! I love what you did with the twine too, to make it curl in the ends !! Very well done !! Love and hugs, Connie

    ReplyDelete