I can't believe that I'm already at 400 blog posts! That's a lot of cards! Lol :)
Thank you so much to all of you that have made these last few years of blogging so wonderful! I love and appreciate your super sweet comments, and that you take a little time out of your day to visit my small blog. You mean the world to me!!
So you've probably seen a lot of this type of card around lately (see Kristina, and Dawn's cards! And Jennifer just posted one too!). I've loved them so much, I decided to try it out myself, with a little twist.
Over the past few weeks I have been working to finally collect all the mini distress ink pads (and can I say that I have totally fallen in love with them!). I had wanted to try doing the galaxy with my distress paints, but just never got around to being that messy. And I'm a little chicken to try the watercolor style yet...but that one's coming, I can feel it! So I decided to try it with the distress inks.
I took a couple of the mini blending tools and splotched some of the colors onto my watercolor paper. Then covered it very generously with the black. I gave it a few squirts of water to get the inks moving and mixing a bit, then dried it with my heat gun. The black wasn't quite deep enough for me, and some of the fun color spots had faded out. So I reapplied some of the colors to intensify them and added more depth with the black. Light misting again and set it aside to dry.
I LOVE it!!! Oh, forgot to tell you. Before I did any inking, I heat embossed the Starry Backdrop from Lawn Fawn over the whole panel. Now that it's done, I think I might have chosen to do that more sparingly, a little more sporadically around the card instead of the whole card front..but I still love it so much!
While the stars are all amazing, I wanted some smaller flecks as well. So I pulled out my watercolor paints and did some shimmery white splatters around the card to get the tiny white star dots. Perfect!!!
To finish it all off, I grabbed the In My Heart stamp set from Mama Elephant and used one of the oh-so-fitting sentiments. I stamped it with the distress ink, and because it stays wet for awhile, I was able to cover it in clear embossing powder and emboss it!! The final touch was some die cut silver sparkly stars.
I can see myself making a ton of these cards! It was so incredibly fun and I love, love, love the end result!!
I'd like to enter this card into the Lawnscaping texture challenge.
Thanks for stopping by!