Watercolored Thank You

Happy Monday!
Can't believe it's Monday already...the weekend went by way too fast!
But the good news is we start a new challenge at Paper Makeup today!  We want to see your die cuts and punches!

I use my Silhouette for most of my die cutting.  It used to be my Cricut until that decided to die on me a few years ago.  While I may not use it to it's full potential, it definitely opens a lot of doors in creating for me that I never had access to before.
So for my card today, I was able to take one of the Paper Makeup Frames images and turn it into a cut file!  And it was the perfect placement and size to use one of the images from the Dandy Wishes set!

Before printing and cutting out my image, I added a little wash of watercolor to some paper.  When it cut out, I was a little bummed that not very much green made it into the cut, but it ended up lining up perfect for the image!

My background paper was a little brighter than I wanted, so I found this cool patterned vellum in my scraps pile to cover up a small section in the middle.  Then just stamped a little sentiment flag and added a few blue flags under it to help pull that color across the card from the watercolor.

Then I want a little crazy with the gems.  I wanted them there so I had a place to add some glue to the vellum...but I may have added a few too many?  Maybe not, but sometimes I'm not sure where to stop when it comes to gems and pearls  :)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Catered Crop-Vellum
    Curtain Call-Anything Goes
    Freshly Made Sketches #145
    
Thanks for visiting!! <3

5 comments:

  1. Another beautiful creation Emily. Just love the silhouette stamping and vibrant colours.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love how you've used the vellum, and I love the font on that sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning emily.i love the silhouette image and your bright colours are fabulous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Emily! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - love how the vellum softens the background color.

    ReplyDelete