Rainbow Kisses-Little Miss Muffet Inspiration Post

Happy Thursday!
I hope your day has been just fabulous so far!  We've decided here in Montreal to skip spring and jump right to sticky summer...fun fun!

Continuing with my guest designing at Little Miss Muffet, it's inspiration day for us!  You still have time to enter in the Buttons challenge, so be sure to swing by the challenge blog and join in!

To be honest...I had a bit of "crafter's block" lately...just had a lot of stuff on my mind and it seems all the crafty goodness is stuck somewhere else up there..So I needed to find a little inspiration myself so I could pass it along to you :)

Fortunately there are some amazing designers on the Little Miss Muffet team, so I spent some time browsing around their creations to see if I could pull something together..enjoy!  :)
I've used the super sweet Jr. Hatter Kathrina on my card.  I couldn't resist her sweet little kitty hat!  It hasn't really been a secret around here...I'm obsessed with watercolor and all things related...and I tried something a little different for this background.  I bought this awesome stamp from Michael's a few weeks ago and really love it!

But it's a little difficult to smoosh large ink pads onto a stamp and make it look nice...but I still wanted a fun rainbow background.  As I was looking around my room, I found my old Crayola markers and an idea popped into my head.  Pulled out the rainbow colors, swiped them across the stamp, misted it a few times with water and set my paper down all while crossing my fingers that I didn't just create a giant mess.

When I pulled the paper up it was like the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen on paper!  And all with the use of some cheap markers I've had for years :)  Needless to say, I've done this background a few times now because it's just that much fun.  But for the sake of this card, I wanted that rainbow but not quite as bright.  So I used my sewing machine to sew on a piece of vellum over the background.

The rest was simple.  A few rows of die cut hearts from Lawn Fawn backed with some glitter covered black paper to go under my image.  Scallop cut out my colored image and stuck her on my card base.  Finally, a button to stick with the challenge theme and a suitable sentiment :)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Artistic Inspirations #91-No Designer Paper
    Simon Says Stamp-Die Crazy
    The Sketchy Challenge #73

Thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

  1. I think this card turned out beautifully. Your mojo is absolutely fine!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very ADORABLE!!!!! I just bought this image yesterday. Love the inspiration your card gives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, the background is amazing, it's so beautiful.
    The Jr Hatters always make for a cute and fun card and Katherina is a mischievous looking little girl :)
    Thank you for sharing your card and the bg technique x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet card and love the background, thanks for sharing over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous emily.your background looks stunning and i love the sweet image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Just adore her with her hat cat and love love the papers ...Thank you for joining us in The Sketchy Challenges ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute gal and love the rainbow bg! Thanks so much for playing along with the Die Crazy Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Challenges!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete