Vintage!!...Oh Boy...

I have a confession...I'm terrible at making vintage styled cards...
It's a beautiful style, and I see so many other people completely rock it.  But I just can't ever seem to wrap my head around how the style works and what goes with it..

So with this weeks Digi Makeover theme being Vintage...I knew I was going to struggle.  But I gave it my best shot and I do like the card I've created...though it may not completely fit the vintage style.
I pulled out a few 6x6 paper pads that I've had for awhile that I felt had a vintage feel to them.  These are the only small paper pads that I have...I can't quite get into purchasing those yet.  I love using 12x12 papers for my cards.  I can get multiple cards from 1 sheet and there's just a bit more variety to me...but at the same time the patterns on most 12x12 papers are so large that they look terrible on cards.  Can't decide which way to go.

Anyhow!  I used a few lighter colored papers from one of the pads that gave a vintage vibe.  I inked the edges in green..which may not even fit with vintage..but I liked it.  I pulled out a stripe of my Grandma Veldink's lace (which is definitely vintage by itself :) ) and wrapped that around the card on top of a scallop cut border.

Using my Silhouette, I cut out the cross from the square paper and outlined it with liquid pearls.

The sentiment is from the Be Still set from Paper Makeup Stamps.  I printed it off and inked up the edges.  Then lined it up with the lower corner of the cross.

That's it!  Pretty simple!  I do love this card though, even if it isn't the traditional vintage...whatever that may be :)

So come on!  I know there are tons of you out there that can rock the vintage style!  Make something up using a digi and link it up at Digi Makeover!  We can't wait to see what you create!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Artistic Inspirations #55-Clean and Simple
    Retro Sketches #77
    Ruby's Rainbow #60-Vintage
    Word Art Wednesday #93-Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!! <3

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card, love the colors and the pretty papers. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a marvellous card! i love this bible verse!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful card.Thank you for joining in with us over at Ruby's Rainbow.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just awesome, Emily! I love it, and thank you so much for sharing with us in our challenge this week. I enjoy having you play along and share your talents, and I hope you will join us again real soon.
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love how the cross looks in your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, i love the colors that you used.

    Hermien

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty card... Love how you formed the cross. The whole affect is perfect. Thank you for joining in on Artistic inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is really beautiful. The way you made the cross is so creative.
    At first I was terrified to make a vintage looking cards but it gets easier with every card you make.
    Hugs
    Eret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Emily, I don´t know if my comment did work...
    Your card is beautiful and I completely understand you. Vintage is not my style either (LOL)
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great Card such pretty colour's thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspiration.
    Suzy B

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your intake on our challenge over on artistic inspirations,the colour go so well together goodluck xx

    ReplyDelete